Web Development & Design
- Anatomy of a Website
- Learn about different Web Browsers
- Learn about Internet Service Providers
- Plan for the audience, goals, structure and content
- Learn about HTML Editors
- Learn to use HTML to create a document
- Learn to apply HTML tags to your document
- Learn to use style sheets to enhance the format of your document
- Learn how to organize the page structure
- Learn how to add links
- Learn how to add images
- Learn how to work with Multimedia components
- Learn how to create ordered & unordered list
- Learn how to work with tables
- Learn how to create and work with forms
- Learn how to style and add tables to forms
- Learn how to publish your work
- Learn how to use E-mail with HTML
Tuition $320, Course # WCOSY 6048, Text:HTML: A Beginner's Guide ISBN# 978-0071809276.
- Using Variables
- Using Functions
- Conditional Statements and Loops
- Event Handlers
- Document Object
- Windows Object
- Math, Number and Date Objects
- Handling Strings
- An Introduction to Advanced Techniques
Creating a Dynamic Website with PHP and MySQL - LAMP Open Source Software (Approved Hours: 36, Act 48)
You will create and manipulate a wide variety of objects ranging from simple graphic designs to complex animation sequences using the Adobe® Flash® CS6 application. You will learn to add shapes, colors, and lines with drawing and painting tools; create symbols and instances; identify and compare image types; manipulate objects; create and modify text and convert text to shapes; identify animation tools and features, and create an animation; and enter simple code in ActionScript™ and add a code snippet to Flash. Prerequisites: You should be familiar with the Web and its terminologies, have a basic frame of reference for graphic and design applications, and have a desire to know the basic terminologies and components of ActionScript™ and its role as a Flash programming language. Tuition $405, Course # WCOAP 6040, Text: Flash CS6: Basic, ACE Edition, Student Manual AX1426035802 (Rev 1), ISBN # 1426035802.
You will plan, design, and develop complex Flash projects using the Adobe® Flash® CS5 application. You will learn to plan a Flash project; design a project; manage symbols; lay out text in a Flash document; create advanced animations; add audio to a movie; work with ActionScript 3.0; publish a movie in different file formats; extend Flash by understanding JSFL and the Adobe® Extension Manager. Prerequisites: You first take the Flash Basic course and have the desire to expand your knowledge of ActionScript™ 3.0. Tuition $405, Course # WCOAP 6041, Text: Flash CS6: Advanced, ACE Edition, Student Manual AX1426035837 (Rev 1), ISBN # 1426035837.
Get your site in Google and Yahoo’s top search results. Increase your site’s visibility and ranking on major search engines. Drive more “natural” and “organic” visitors using proven tagging and design principles. Simple, no gimmicks, proof of method’s success provided in class. Tuition $95, Course # WCOAP 6516. Text: Search Engine Optimization 3rd edition, ISBN # 978-1-118-55174-5.