Web Development & Design
You will learn how use HTML5 elements and attributes to structure Web content. You will learn how to create semantically meaningful page structures and use CSS to control design and layout properties. You will also learn how to work with lists and tables, create and format links, and work with images and background images.
- Identify the advantages of using HTML 5 & some of its feature
- Describe basic HTML syntax and authoring guidelines
- Create simple web page with a basic document structure
- Define headings & paragraphs
- Create semantically meaningful document structures
- Apply phrase elements to logically define text content
- Apply attributes & markup quotes and abbreviations
- Write CSS styles
- Embed a style sheet & apply color
- Create an external style sheet and link them together
- Control font, font size, text alignment, line height & letter spacing
- Control box styles including borders, padding, margins, height, width and create rounded corners and shadows
- Create and modify tables, apply styles to tables and define table headers & footers
- Create internal & external links
- Format links using CSS & apply styles contextually
- Identify different image formats & embed images
- Write effective text alternatives & apply background images
Tuition $225, Course # WCOSY 6042, Text: HTML5: Basic, Student Manual with Data, ISBN# 978-1-4260-2920-2.
Building on the concepts in HTML 5: Basic, this course is designed for students with limited or outdated HTML experience who want to learn some of the more advanced elements and techniques of HTML5. In this course, you will explore effective web site planning and authoring principles, and you will learn how to create a semantic document structure. You will learn how to build interactive forms, apply native data validation, and embed HTML5 audio and video. You will also learn some advanced CSS techniques, including using pseudo classes and pseudo elements. Finally, you will learn how to incorporate special fonts by linking to cloud services, and you will learn how to use the local storage feature in modern browsers.
- Plan a website effectively
- Discuss HML 5 authoring options & control a browser’s rendering mode
- Set character encoding and the document language
- Comment your code effectively & ensure basic HML 5 support in old browsers
- Create document outlines that make optimal use of the semantic structural elements of HTML 5
- Create page titles & descriptions that are optimized for search engine results pages and for other web sites
- Create interactive forms
- Learn to use data validation & create error feedback features\
- Create form structure & styles
- Learn to use different form designs
- Learn to embed native audio & video
- Learn advanced CSS techniques
- Learn to use styles that improve efficiency.
- Create editable content and local storage
- Learn site testing basics
Tuition $225, Course # WCOSY 6043, Text:HTML5: Advanced, Student Manual with Data, ISBN# 978-1-4260-2996-7.
- Using Variables
- Using Functions
- Conditional Statements and Loops
- Event Handlers
- Document Object
- Windows Object
- Math, Number and Date Objects
- Handling Strings
- An Introduction to Advanced Techniques
Creating a Dynamic Website with PHP and MySQL - LAMP Open Source Software (Approved Hours: 36, Act 48)
You will create and manipulate a wide variety of objects ranging from simple graphic designs to complex animation sequences using the Adobe® Flash® CS6 application. You will learn to add shapes, colors, and lines with drawing and painting tools; create symbols and instances; identify and compare image types; manipulate objects; create and modify text and convert text to shapes; identify animation tools and features, and create an animation; and enter simple code in ActionScript™ and add a code snippet to Flash. Prerequisites: You should be familiar with the Web and its terminologies, have a basic frame of reference for graphic and design applications, and have a desire to know the basic terminologies and components of ActionScript™ and its role as a Flash programming language. Tuition $405, Course # WCOAP 6040, Text: Flash CS6: Basic, ACE Edition, Student Manual, ISBN # 978-1-4260-3580-7.
You will plan, design, and develop complex Flash projects using the Adobe® Flash® CS5 application. You will learn to plan a Flash project; design a project; manage symbols; lay out text in a Flash document; create advanced animations; add audio to a movie; work with ActionScript 3.0; publish a movie in different file formats; extend Flash by understanding JSFL and the Adobe® Extension Manager. Prerequisites: You first take the Flash Basic course and have the desire to expand your knowledge of ActionScript™ 3.0. Tuition $405, Course # WCOAP 6041, Text: Flash CS6: Advanced, ACE Edition, Student Manual, ISBN # 978-1-4260-3583-8.
Get your site in Google and Yahoo’s top search results. Increase your site’s visibility and ranking on major search engines. Drive more “natural” and “organic” visitors using proven tagging and design principles. Simple, no gimmicks, proof of method’s success provided in class. Tuition $95, Course # WCOAP 6516. Text: Search Engine Optimization 3rd edition, ISBN # 978-1-118-55174-5.