SSWK111 Case Management and Documentation/CAC
Department of Social & Behavioral Science: Social & Behavioral Science Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- SSWK111 Case Management and Documentation/CAC Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 2 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- 1500 minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- This course is taught as a modular course. It meets on two alternate Fridays from 3:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and on two alternate Saturdays from 9;00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course will teach students the requirements of case management and documentation in a number of different formats. The material is specific to Social Services and particularly the field of addiction. It is a writing intensive course and fulfills the Core Writing II requirement.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning GoalsKnowledge:
- Define of case management
- Discuss coordination of services
- Treatment plan integration
- written goals and objectives
- Writing measurable clinical treatment objectives
- Writing treatment plans
- Writing inter-department and inter-agency documentation
- Apply the ethical and confidential guidelines to documentation
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesStudent learning activities will include class participation, journals, a written treatment plan, a discharge summary, DAP notes, and other written assignments.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning Goals
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Instructor developed materials as well as appropriate accepted assessment tools and documentation instruments will be used.
Review/Approval Date - 12/98