OADM242 Excel Level II
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
Course Number and TitleOADM242 Excel Level II (Experimental)
Number of Credits1 credit
Minimum Number of Instructional Minutes Per Semester1000 minutes
Other Pertinent InformationThis course will be offered in the TOTAL Lab.
Catalog Course DescriptionAdditional Excel spreadsheet techniques and application, including macro programming, database searching, extraction, and linking to obtain prescribed reports and graphs.
Required Course Content and Direction
Learning Goals:Students will be able to:
- organize a problem for solution with spreadsheet template.
- apply the principles of effective worksheet and database layout in building a spreadsheet template.
- create and use simple spreadsheet macros.
- use the spreadsheet’s database techniques to locate, link, extract, and combine data from multiple spreadsheets.
- use spreadsheet functions to prepare and printing graphs.
- use spreadsheet print capabilities to enhance printed output.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities:
- Spreadsheet template definition and design
- Defining and organizing the problem
- Designing a template to solve the problem
- Spreadsheet macros
- Spreadsheet database techniques
- Graphing and Printing
- Creating graphs
- Printing graphs
- Enhancing reports
Assessment Methods for Core Learning Goals:This course is not part of the Core curriculum.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Students:See course format for required textbooks.
Teaching Methods Employedcourse work will be an individualized self-paced course taught in the TOTAL Lab under the supervision of full and part-time faculty.
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable