OADM242 Excel Level II (Experimental)
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM242 Excel Level II (Experimental)
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Minimum Number of Instructional Minutes Per Semester
- 1000 minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- This course will be offered in the TOTAL Lab.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- Additional Excel spreadsheet techniques and application, including macro programming, database searching, extraction, and linking to obtain prescribed reports and graphs.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Learning Goals:Students will be able to:
- organize a problem for solution with spreadsheet template.
- apply the principles of effective worksheet and database layout in building a spreadsheet template.
- create and use simple spreadsheet macros.
- use the spreadsheet’s database techniques to locate, link, extract, and combine data from multiple spreadsheets.
- use spreadsheet functions to prepare and printing graphs.
- use spreadsheet print capabilities to enhance printed output.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities:
- Spreadsheet template definition and design
- Defining and organizing the problem
- Designing a template to solve the problem
- Spreadsheet macros
- Spreadsheet database techniques
- Graphing and Printing
- Creating graphs
- Printing graphs
- Enhancing reports
Assessment Methods for Core Learning Goals:This course is not part of the Core curriculum.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Students:See course format for required textbooks.
- VIII. Teaching Methods Employed
- course work will be an individualized self-paced course taught in the TOTAL Lab under the supervision of full and part-time faculty.
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable