OADM190 Professional Development (formerly OADM290)
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM190 Professional Development (formerly OADM290) Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- Students study the various factors that contribute to successful professional growth and development with emphasis on business ethics, business and professional etiquette, presentation skills, human relations, international business customs, and the job search and interview process. Each student develops a professional growth plan.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- demonstrate an understanding of the occupations that are most likely to have job openings in the coming years;
- demonstrate an understanding of the skills that make a person a good teammate and a good leader;
- demonstrate an understanding of time management and stress management skills; and
- demonstrate an understanding of planning, developing, changing, and maintaining a career.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- the workplace: today and tomorrow
- the workplace: interpersonal strength and leadership
- the workplace: personal skills for success
- the workplace: charting a career
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on classroom discussions, written exams, assignments, papers, and/or performance-based tasks and projects.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 8/00; Revised 1/2010; New Core 8/2015