OADM155 Searching the Web
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM155 Searching the Web
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master the fundamentals of the World Wide Web. Students receive hands-on practice using the Internet to perform simple searches, use web e-mail features, and post to newsgroups.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- perform basic Windows operations associated with the Internet;
- use the different parts of the browser window;
- use various Internet search engines; and
- use web e-mail features.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Introduction to a Web Browser and Net Addresses
- creating folders, saving, moving, and deleting files
- hyperlinks and domain names
- Web Mail
- sending and receiving messages
- using address books and attachments
- subscribing to newsgroups
- search operators
- virtual libraries
- search engines
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is base on written exams and/or performance-based tasks and projects.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 05/04; Revised 1/2010; Revised 4/2013; New Core 8/2015