OADM143 Basic Applications of Microsoft Access
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM143 Basic Applications of Microsoft Access
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
Keyboarding skills and Windows familiarity recommended.
This course will be offered only in the TOTAL Lab.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master the fundamentals of Microsoft Access. Students create and modify new databases; create and modify tables and reports; and improve queries forms and reports.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- create, modify, and query a database;
- create and modify tables and reports; and
- enhance the capabilities of a form.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- exploring Microsoft Access
- designing a database
- building a database
- managing data in a table
- querying a database
- designing forms
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on creating Access databases, queries, forms, and reports.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/04; Revised 1/2010; Revised 4/2013; New Core 8/2015