MUSE151 Chamber Ensemble: Classical
Department of The Arts: Music
- I. Course Number and Title
- MUSE151 Chamber Ensemble: Classical
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Students must participate in all concerts and performances. Total rehearsal time for this course is 50 minutes per week.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course addresses the unique dynamic of small group performance in the Classical idiom and provides students with a venue for rehearsing and performing the wealth of repertoire specifically composed for Classical chamber ensembles.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- perform appropriate musical repertoire competently in a chamber ensemble environment.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- critical examination of all musical repertoire that is to be performed
- preparation, rehearsal, and subsequent performance of all musical repertoire with attention to accurate pitch, rhythm, dynamics, and stylistic considerations
- stylistic application of accurate phrasing, balance, blend, articulation, etc., in the preparation, rehearsal, and performance of all musical repertoire
- performance of selected musical repertoire in the venue of one or more public concerts
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe conductor continually assesses course-specific content via standard rehearsal techniques in preparation of selected musical repertoire for public performance. Successful student performance in the required public concert(s) is the musical equivalent of a final comprehensive examination.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review / Approval Date: 11/2010; New Core 8/2015