MATH111 Mathematics for Technology II
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: STEM Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- MATH111 Mathematics for Technology II Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- MATH110 (C or better)
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- There will be an adequate number of scheduled examinations throughout the semester to determine the students knowledge of the subject matter and a departmental final examination that all students must take.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- Applied geometry, trigonometric functions of any angle, vectors, trigonometric graphs with applications, exponents and radicals, logarithmic functions, exponential functions, ratio, proportion and variation, and complex numbers (rectangular, polar and exponential form).
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Recognize problems.
- Visualize a solution to the problem.
- Employ technology in the solution.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Trigonometric Functions of Any Angle
- Vectors and Oblique Triangles
- Graphs of Trigonometric Functions
- Exponents and Radicals
- Complex Numbers
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Assessment Methods for Course Learning Goals
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Departmentally selected textbook and scientific calculator. Details provided by the instructor of each course section. See Course Format. The integration of the Tutoring Center where appropriate.
Review/Approval Date -9/98