CRIJ280 Cooperative Education - Criminal Justice
Department of Social & Behavioral Science: Criminal Justice
- I. Course Number and Title
- CRIJ280 Cooperative Education - Criminal Justice
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- CRIJ100 (C or better) and permission of the Department
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Students will be engaging in work with an outside agency as agreed upon among the student, the Criminal Justice coordinator and the said agency. The number of hours in placement will vary with the agency/department to which the student is assigned, but in no case will be less than three hours per week for 13 weeks. In addition, students will meet with their assigned faculty member at least three times per semester. Total time allotted will be a minimum of 2540 minutes.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course introduces students to field work directly related to the student's academic preparation and career objectives. The major areas of focus include partaking in actual field work, observing real-life situations of the working professional and their clients, and comparing academic theory to field work observations.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- analyze the operations and procedures of said governmental or criminal agency; and
- compare and contrast academic theory to field work observations of said operations and procedure of said agency.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- topics will vary with the individual student assignment
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on an evaluation of the student by his/her agency supervisor along with assignments and papers based on performance tasks.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date -10/00; Revised 4/2011; New Core 8/2015