CISC234 Topics in Network Technology
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: Computer/Information Science
- I. Course Number and Title
- CISC234 Topics in Network Technology
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- CISC235 (C or better) AND CISC244 (C or better)
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This is a capstone course for Networking Majors. This seminar course covers the latest developments and enhancements to LAN-based systems. Topics will be selected by the departmental faculty each year.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- evaluate the latest technologies in LAN-based systems; and
- demonstrate a proficiency regarding installation and maintenance of LAN-based systems.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Connectivity Devices
- Future Trends
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of Course Learning Goals is based on written tests, labs, and other assignments, as well as performance-based tasks as appropriate.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Departmentally-selected textbook. Details provided by the instructor of each course section. See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 4/05; Revised 6/09; New Core 8/2015