CISC117 Consumer Electronics (Experimental)
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: STEM Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- CISC117 Consumer Electronics (Experimental) Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Minimum Number of Instructional Minutes Per Semester
- 2250 minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- Basic knowledge of a computer operating system
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- An introduction to consumer electronics for non majors. A series of demonstrations and laboratory assignments will be included in this course.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course covers the latest developments and enhancements in consumer electronics. It provides students with strategies, skills, and concepts to find, select, and use modern electronic devices, such as digital cameras, cell phones, and hand-held computing devices. Specific topics will change to reflect emerging technologies.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Learning Goals:Students will be able to:
- identify the major characteristics of various electronic devices and evaluate their strengths and limitations.
- determine the hardware and software requirements needed by various electronic devices.
- demonstrate an ability to set up, connect to, and effectively utilize various software, peripheral, and hardware devices.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities:Students will engage in learning activities that revolve around current technology in the following areas:
- Digital Imaging
- Home Networking
- Home Theater/Video
- Mobile Electronics
- Emerging Technology
Assessment Methods for Core Learning Goals:
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Students:Departmentally selected textbook and other learning materials. Details provided by the instructor of each course section. See Course Format.
- VIII. Teaching Methods Employed
- 2250 minutes per semester will be devoted to classroom lecture, demonstrations, laboratory exercises, and discussion.
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable