WMST280 Cooperative Education - Women's Studies
Department of Language & Literature: Women's Studies
- I. Course Number and Title
- WMST280 Cooperative Education - Women's Studies
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- Permission of the Department of Language and Literature and successful completion of COMP110 and WMST110
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- On-the-job experience and observations in a field directly related to the student's academic preparation and career objectives. Periodic meetings between the faculty coordinator and the student are held to review actual experience and observation in light of the theory and skills learned academically.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Students learn to adapt to a working environment.
- Students learn to adjust their schedules according to work and school schedules.
- Students experience a workplace that follows a particular interest in their current or future field of study.
- Students experience the situations and options of women in a particular field.
- Students discover the successes and failures of women in a particular field.
- Students interact with a mentor in a shared field of interest.
- Students engage in service-learning in a specific field of interest.
- Students experience and discover how a certain working environment impacts on the lives of women everywhere.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesThe actual learning activities will depend on the needs of the assigned cooperative education environment and will be determined by the student's faculty coordinator and on-site work supervisor. A record will be kept of the student's daily and/or weekly activities; this record will be reviewed by the department chair and the faculty coordinator. Other assignments will be at the discretion of the faculty coordinator in charge.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning Goals
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Reference materials may be determined by the faculty coordinator according to the needs of the cooperative education facility. See individual course format for more information.
Review/Approval Date - 11/00