VACV140 Digital Video Editing
Department of The Arts: Cinema/Video Production
- I. Course Number and Title
- VACV140 Digital Video Editing
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
Work outside of class is required. Computer lab hours are available for student use. Departmental equipment is used in this class. Equipment sign-out procedures are reviewed in class and procedures include equipment damage and late fees. The content of the course helps prepare students to sit for certification exams.
This course meets the Arts/Humanities General Education Goals.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course covers digital editing using current software tools. Students work with digital non-linear editing hardware and software tools, multi-track audio creation, and sound sweetening. Students work with either their own footage or with exercise footage prepared by the instructor.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- edit video using digital non-linear editing techniques;
- create multi-track audio elements [Arts/Humanities];
- design electronic text and graphic for use in editing;
- demonstrate editing techniques using software applications; and
- analyze projects through critiques, oral presentations, and discussions.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- introduction to digital non-linear hardware and software
- creation of non-linear and computer based digital video program segments
- creation and implementation of electronic graphics
- digital field and/or studio recording assignments
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsStudent assessment is based on the successful completion of assigned projects, the presentation of projects, and the demonstrated use of appropriate vocabulary in oral critiques.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/07; Revised 10/2010; New Core 8/2015