SPMT280 Sport Management Co-op
Department of Kinesiology and Sport Studies: Sport Management
- I. Course Number and Title
- SPMT280 Sport Management Co-op
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- Permission of the Assistant Academic Dean of the HPEN Department. Must have completed all sport management Core courses with a 2.5 GPA in those courses.
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Departmentally-selected textbook. Details provided by the instructor supervising this internship.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- The student is required to perform 180 hours of internship at an affiliated training site. An attempt is made to match sites to the intern's professional interests and career goals. Periodic meetings between the College Coordinator and the student are held to review actual experience and observation.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
Students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of Sport Management site theory;
- demonstrate knowledge of professional development at their site;
- demonstrate basic knowledge of the history of their site;
- associate the major areas of Sport Management in order to apply this knowledge base to their professional site area;
- demonstrate basic marketing strategies associated with their professional site;
- demonstrate the functioning of all jobs associated with their professional site;
- demonstrate risk management and safety concerns associated with their professional site;
- communicate the specific job functions they carried out during their internship;
- articulate the function of this site/profession in the scope of the broader Sport Management continuum; and
- demonstrate proper techniques associated with communications, public relations, marketing and site management.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesPrevious learned skills from courses taken in the Sport Management Major program of study will be applied during this internship component.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning Goals
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Department will select text resources. See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable; New Core 8/2015