READ085 Reading Support Seminar
Department of Language & Literature: Reading
- I. Course Number and Title
- READ085 Reading Support Seminar
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- The seminar is linked to additional content and/or READ090, READ110, or other introductory courses in which the student is concurrently enrolled.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- The Reading Support Seminar directly supports the learning objectives of the linked reading and/or content course in which the student is concurrently enrolled. This seminar provides additional academic support and facilitates success in the linked course.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
Practice critical reading, study strategies, and college success skills in support of the learning goals of the linked course.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesTopics and learning activities support the linked course's goals, topics and activities, and may include critical reading activities, study strategies, and college success skills. Additionally, individualized topics are prescribed by assessment.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsLearning goals, as defined by the linked course, are assessed routinely by computerized testing, instructor evaluation, and/or demonstration of proficiency in the linked course. For final grades, the linked course formally assesses the course goals in that course, while READ085 grades will be determined primarily by thorough completion of all course work, effort, participation, and attendance.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Reading-assistive software such as My Reading Lab, teacher-created modules, and linked course textbooks.
Review/Approval Date - 10/8/2015