OADM280 Cooperative Education - Office Administration
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM280 Cooperative Education - Office Administration
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- 12000 (Employment)
- IV. Prerequisites
- Completion of all courses in the Office Administration and Systems Technology program of study and permission of the Department of Business Studies
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course involves on-the-job experiences and observations in a field directly related to the student's academic preparation and career objectives. Periodic meetings between College Coordinator and student are held to review actual experience and observations in the light of theory and skills learned academically.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- apply skills learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences in the field; and
- demonstrate professional behavior in the field.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesPreviously learned skills from courses taken in the Office Administration and Systems Technology program of study are applied while working in the field.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on employer evaluations and an in-depth typewritten project.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 3/99; Revised 1/2010; New Core 8/2015