OADM165 Basic Applications of Microsoft Publisher
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM165 Basic Applications of Microsoft Publisher
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master the fundamentals of desktop publishing using Microsoft Publisher.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- prepare professional-looking publications for home or business, including flyers, newsletters, brochures, business cards, calendars, invitations, and signs.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- navigate the Microsoft Publisher window
- interact with the office assistant
- prepare a message for publication
- prepare publication style and layouts
- save a publication
- print a publication
- use Quick Publication Wizard
- create and edit text frames
- use Spell Check and AutoCorrect
- create bulleted and numbered lists
- use personal information frames
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on performance-based assignments and tests and a final applications project.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 05/04; Revised 1/2010; Revised 4/2013; New Core 8/2015