OADM147 Microsoft Windows
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM147 Microsoft Windows
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
Keyboarding skills and Windows familiarity recommended.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master fundamentals of Microsoft Windows. Students will use the start menu, create shortcuts, work with Windows accessory programs, open data files, customize the desktop, and manage disks, folders, and files.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- perform basic Windows functions;
- use formatting functions of the most recent version of Microsoft Windows operating system; and
- use advanced Windows functions.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- the basics
- working with menus and the taskbar
- using programs
- working with folders and files
- sharing data and object linking and embedding
- personalizing Windows
- networking and the Internet
- getting help
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on performance based assignments and a written test.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/04; Revised 12/10/08; Revised 4/2013; New Core 8/2015