OADM141 Basic Applications of Microsoft Word
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM141 Basic Applications of Microsoft Word
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
Keyboarding skills and Windows familiarity recommended.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master the fundamentals of Microsoft Word.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- prepare professional documents using word processing software;
- create, save, print, and format documents; and
- manipulate files through the file manager.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- introduction to course materials
- creating, printing, and editing Word documents
- formatting text and using help
- enhancing the visual display/clarity of documents
- working with multiple documents
- formatting documents
- creating and formatting tables
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on performance based skills assignments and a final application project.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/04; Revised 1/2010; Revised 4/2013; New Core 8/2015