NANO215 Materials Modification in Nanofabrication
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: Nanofabrication Technology
- I. Course Number and Title
- NANO215 Materials Modification in Nanofabrication
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This three credit course is part of a six course, eighteen credit, Nanofabrication Manufacturing Technology (NMT) capstone program taught at Penn State University. The Dean of the Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Department located in Founders 112 at Bucks County Community College may be contacted at (215) 968-8305 for additional information.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
The course is taught at Penn State University with the following course number, name and description.
E SC 215 Nanotechnology Applications
This course covers the applications of nano-scale devices and systems and the material chemical, physical, biological, or multiple-property requirements necessitated in these applications. Material modifications to meet these requirements will be addressed including structure control, composition control, surface property control, strain control, functionalization, and doping.
Course Learning Goals
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
Assessment Methods for Course Learning Goals
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:
Review/Approval Date - 3/02; New Core 8/2015