MKTG125 Fashion Goods Production
Department of Business Studies: Marketing
Course Number and TitleMKTG125 Fashion Goods Production (Experimental)
Number of Credits3 credits
Minimum Number of Instructional Minutes Per Semester2250 minutes
Other Pertinent InformationNone
Catalog Course DescriptionThis course will identify the prevailing influences on contemporary textile products; the design elements and principles for textile products; and the post-purchase care of textile products. Prevailing influences may include political, economic, social, technological, psychological, cultural, and demographic.
Required Course Content and Direction
Learning Goals:Upon the successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the impact of social, psychological, cultural, and demographic factors on customer acceptance of softgoods.
- Describe the relationships between human development and fashion goods production.
- Identify art components in textiles and softgoods.
- Identify basic consumer needs in fashion goods production.
- Identify factors relating to consumer selection of softgoods.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities:
- Influences on Customer Fashion Goods Production:
- American cultural influences
- Social influences
- Psychological influences
- Target market influences
- Fashion industry influences
- Physical influences
- Softgoods Design Elements and Principles:
- principles of design (balance, proportion, emphasis, rhythm, unity)
- fabric design
- Customer Fashion Goods Production Factors:
Assessment Methods for Core Learning Goals:
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Students:The materials to be employed in this class may include any of the following current publications:
- Business magazines and papers
- Fashion magazines, catalogs, and newspapers
- Marketing magazines
- Retail site visits
- Field trips
Teaching Methods EmployedThe following methods may be employed by the course instructor: projects, assignments, reading, film/video, and field trips.
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable