HRIM280 Cooperative Education - Hospitality and Tourism Management
Department of Business Studies: Hospitality and Tourism Management
- I. Course Number and Title
- HRIM280 Cooperative Education - Hospitality and Tourism Management
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- Permission of the Business Studies Department
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Beginning Fall 2018, this number of this course is HOSP280.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- In this course, students gain on-the-job experience in a field directly related to the student's academic preparation and career objectives. Periodic meetings between the program coordinator and student are held to review actual experience and observations in relation to the theories and skills learned academically.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts in the tourism and/or hospitality industries;
- Use and apply understanding of the tourism and hospitality industry to perform the duties of a working professional in this field; and
- Understand and discuss the basic concepts of the tourism and hospitality industries while observing professionals working in the field.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesDependent on student placement.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsOn-the-job experience occurs in a field directly related to the student's academic preparation and career objectives. Periodic meetings between the College faculty coordinator and the student are held to ensure the student is making adequate progress. Projects as described in the individual instructor's course syllabus are assessed.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 3/99; New Core 8/2015; Revised 12/18/2015