HRIM210 HRIM Internship
Department of Business Studies: Business Studies Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- HRIM210 HRIM Internship Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- HRIM100 (C or better) or permission of the Department of Business Studies
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Beginning Fall 2018, this number of this course is HOSP210.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- In this course, students engage in on-the-job training in supervised internships in hotels, motels, and restaurants. Industry principals and the Program Coordinator interview candidates to assist in their placement and provide follow-up assessment.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts in the tourism and/or hospitality industries;
- Use and apply understanding of the tourism and hospitality industry to perform the duties of a working professional in this field; and
- Understand and discuss the basic concepts of the tourism and hospitality industries while observing professionals working in the field.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesTopics will vary and are dependent on student placement.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsCourse learning goals are assessed by an evaluation of the student log, which includes specific job functions, duties, and employer feedback. Students are also evaluated by his/her internship supervisor.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 4/99; New Core 8/2015; Revised 12/18/2015