HRIM202 Food Purchasing/Techniques and Procedures
Department of Business Studies: Business Studies Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- HRIM202 Food Purchasing/Techniques and Procedures Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- HRIM100 (C or better) or permission of the Department of Business Studies
- V. Other Pertinent Information
Beginning Fall 2018, this number of this course is CULN202.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- In this course, students examine the principles and practices concerned with the purchase of food, beverages, supplies, and equipment for the hospitality industry. Specific topics include testing and evaluation techniques, and storeroom controls.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Develop an understanding of the principles and practices regarding the purchase of food, beverages and supplies within the context of the hospitality industry; and
- Evaluate and compare relevant testing and evaluation techniques, and storeroom control procedures.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
The following topics are presented:
- Product specification and identification
- Purchasing department and agent
- Food service equipment
- Testing and evaluation techniques
- Storeroom controls
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsExams, quizzes, classroom exercises, class or online participation, and/or projects as specified by the area faculty and described in the individual instructor's syllabus are utilized.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 2/99; New Core 8/2015; Revised 12/18/2015