HRIM115 Computer Reservations and Travel Information Systems
Department of Business Studies: Business Studies Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- HRIM115 Computer Reservations and Travel Information Systems Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- CISC100 (C or better) or CISC110 (C or better)
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Beginning Fall 2018, this number of this course is HOSP115.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course provides students with an understanding of the various aspects of travel and tourism information systems. Specific topics include computer hardware and software, automated computerized systems, web site design and travel related data collection.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Understand and discuss travel and tourism information systems;
- Develop an understanding of computer hardware and software as it relates to the travel and tourism industry;
- Assess automated computerized travel software programs;
- Use and apply understanding of automated travel software programs to compose effective travel and tourism-related websites; and
- Identify and explain the various methods of travel related data collection.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Travel and tourism information systems
- Computer hardware and software
- Automated computerized systems
- Web site design
- Travel related data collection.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsExams, quizzes, classroom exercises, class or online participation, and/or projects as specified by the area faculty and described in the individual instructor's syllabus are utilized.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 11/03; New Core 8/2015; Revised 12/18/2015