HRIM110 Financial Management in Tourism and Hospitality
Department of Business Studies: Hospitality and Tourism Management
- I. Course Number and Title
- HRIM110 Financial Management in Tourism and Hospitality
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- HRIM100 (C or better) or permission of the Department of Business Studies
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- In this course, students examine the Uniform System of Accounts for Hotels and Restaurants. Other topics include special journals, transactions, monthly and annual reports, and accounting.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Analyze the responsibilities of accounting departments in the tourism and hospitality industries;
- Develop an understanding of journals, transactions, and monthly/annual reports; and
- Understand and discuss the Uniform System of Accounts for Hotels and Restaurants.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
The following topics are presented:
- The Uniform System of Accounts for Hotels and Restaurants
- Special journals
- Monthly and annual reports
- Accounting and accounting departments.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsExams, quizzes, classroom exercises, class or online participation, and/or projects as specified by the area faculty and described in the individual instructor's syllabus are utilized.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval date - 4/99; New Core 8/2015; Revised 12/18/2015