HIST173 The American Presidents (Experimental)
Department of Social & Behavioral Science: Social & Behavioral Science Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- HIST173 The American Presidents (Experimental) Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- The course is an examination of the character and personality of the forty-one men who have served as Chief Executive of the United States.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning GoalsStudents will learn how scholars have rated the United States Presidents, the issues of personality and leadership involved in these rankings, and how these leadership traits develop.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesClose study of 30 presidents in 15 lectures.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning Goals
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:
Readings to include such works as:
- James David Baker, The Presidential Character
- Forrest McDonald, The American Presidency
- Edward Pressen, The Log Cabin Myth
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable; New Core 8/2015