COMP085 Composition Support Seminar
Department of Language & Literature: Composition
- I. Course Number and Title
- COMP085 Composition Support Seminar
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- The course is linked to a COMP090, COMP107, or COMP110 in which the student is concurrently enrolled.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- The Composition Support Seminar directly supports the learning objectives of the linked composition course in which the student is concurrently enrolled, by providing additional support and instruction to enhance student success.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
Practice critical reading, study strategies, and college success skills in support of the learning goals of the linked course.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning ActivitiesTopics and learning activities reflect the linked composition course, and may include work on drafting, revising, editing, reading comprehension, and any other activities supporting the linked course.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsLearning goals, as defined by the linked composition course, are assessed routinely by testing, instructor evaluation, and/or demonstration of proficiency in the linked composition course. In terms of final grades, the linked composition course formally assesses course goals, while COMP085 grades are determined primarily by thorough completion of all course work, effort, participation, and attendance.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Teacher-created modules and linked course textbooks.
Review/Approval Date - 10/8/2015