CISG222 Game Studio II - Prototyping, Playtesting and Production
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: Computer/Information Science
- I. Course Number and Title
- CISG222 Game Studio II - Prototyping, Playtesting and Production
- II. Number of Credits
- 4 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- CISG221 (C or better)
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Students will use the materials produced in CISG221 - Game Studio I, Concepts and Design, to develop their prototype.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- Using the materials produced in CISG221 - Game Studio I, Concepts and Design, students will work in teams to build a fully functional digital game in accordance with best design practices, industry standard tools, and procedures.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- develop a working game prototype using a development tool of their choosing while working in design teams;
- demonstrate a working knowledge of usability testing, quality assurance testing, and the iterative design process by applying these skills to their prototype;
- create a portfolio of their work to show to potential employers; and;
- demonstrate knowledge about the game industry, including publishing, platforms, job roles, required skill sets, and professional networking.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Game tuning
- Alpha testing
- Beta testing
- QA and usability testing
- Final product documentation
- Production scheduling
- Advanced project management
- Portfolio and resume development
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsFormal assessment will consist of open-ended questions reflecting theoretical and applied situations, as well as laboratory exercises and development of games for education and recreation.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Departmentally-selected textbook and/or readings. Details provided by instructor of each course section. See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 2/08; new Core 8/2015