BIOL240 Seminar in Biology/Biotechnology
Department of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics: STEM Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- BIOL240 Seminar in Biology/Biotechnology Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- 2250 minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- BIOL121 (C or better) or BIOL228 (C or better) or permission of the Department of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- Offered spring semesters of alternating years.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course reviews recent research in the biology/biotechnology fields. Library research skills are emphasized.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- To develop profeciency in library and technological scientific research skills
- To develop the ability to evaluate published scientific material for validity and merit
- To present one or more seminars to the class on an approved research topic
- To develop an appreciation for current research procedures
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Research Skills and Methods
- Evaluation of Scientific Literature
- Seminar Presentation and Requirements
- Presentation of Student Seminars
Assessment Methods for Course Learning Goals
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course format for departmentally selected textbook.
Review/Approval Date -3/99; Dept name change, 8/21/2012