ACCT108 Introduction to Accounting Software
Department of Business Studies: Accounting
Course Number and TitleACCT108 Introduction to Accounting Software (Experimental)
Number of Credits1 credit
Minimum Number of Instructional Minutes Per Semester750 minutes
PrerequisitesACCT103 (C or better) or ACCT105 (C or better)
Other Pertinent InformationThis course requires hands-on computer interaction.
Catalog Course DescriptionAn introductory course in the practical application and study of current accounting software. The course provides an overview, in a computerized accounting environment, of the manual accounting concepts that were learned in fundamental accounting classes.
Required Course Content and Direction
Learning Goals:The student will be able to:
- use the basic Peachtree accounting software in further academic study in accounting or in employment.
- demonstrate the integration of manual accounting procedures into the computerized accounting environment.
- complete simulated company exercises with hands-on work with the computer.
- update and maintain company financial information files on the computer.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities:
- Installing Peachtree Accounting software and data files
- Entering the company chart of accounts and beginning balances
- Working with the general journal entry window
- Working with the account reconciliation window
- Displaying and printing reports
- Using the report filter
- Changing accounting periods
- Working with payroll data entry
- Using the sales/invoicing window
- Entering purchase transactions
- Entering payment transactions
- Backing up and restoring data files
Assessment Methods for Core Learning Goals:
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Students:See Course Format.
Teaching Methods Employed
- Exercises and projects
- Classroom discussion
- Comprehensive case project
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable