ACCT108 Introduction to Accounting Software (Experimental)
Department of Business Studies: Accounting
- I. Course Number and Title
- ACCT108 Introduction to Accounting Software (Experimental)
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Minimum Number of Instructional Minutes Per Semester
- 750 minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- ACCT103 (C or better) or ACCT105 (C or better)
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- This course requires hands-on computer interaction.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- An introductory course in the practical application and study of current accounting software. The course provides an overview, in a computerized accounting environment, of the manual accounting concepts that were learned in fundamental accounting classes.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Learning Goals:The student will be able to:
- use the basic Peachtree accounting software in further academic study in accounting or in employment.
- demonstrate the integration of manual accounting procedures into the computerized accounting environment.
- complete simulated company exercises with hands-on work with the computer.
- update and maintain company financial information files on the computer.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities:
- Installing Peachtree Accounting software and data files
- Entering the company chart of accounts and beginning balances
- Working with the general journal entry window
- Working with the account reconciliation window
- Displaying and printing reports
- Using the report filter
- Changing accounting periods
- Working with payroll data entry
- Using the sales/invoicing window
- Entering purchase transactions
- Entering payment transactions
- Backing up and restoring data files
Assessment Methods for Core Learning Goals:
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Students:See Course Format.
- VIII. Teaching Methods Employed
- Exercises and projects
- Classroom discussion
- Comprehensive case project
Review/Approval Date - Unavailable