Sustainable Building Advisor
The Sustainable Building Advisor Certificate Program is a nine-month, specialized training program, designed to enable graduates to advise employers or clients on strategies and tools for implementing sustainable building concepts.
Do you want to learn how to contribute to a more sustainable built environment? Are you interested in engaging clients or others in your workplace to make more environmentally responsible building decisions? Are you eager to connect with a network of professionals in the building industry committed to furthering the green building movement? Then the SBA course is the right course for you!
The SBA course is unique and exceptional in that it offers:
- In-person instruction and interaction with fellow students in the building, design, and environmental professions
- Local experts as guest instructors, who bring regional knowledge and information resources to the course
- Field trips to exemplary projects. Click here to read about a recent field trip.
- Hands-on, interactive experiences tailored to adult learners
- Professional accreditation as a Certified Sustainable Building Advisor, upon completion of the course and exam
- Rated as a 400 Level Mastery Course
There are no limitations to who can take the course, and there are no prerequisites. Many students have building, design, or environmental backgrounds, though the course is accessible to a wide range of professionals in many different industries, including engineering, government, research, resource conservation, utilities, and consulting. You must be able to commit to meet the course requirements, including attendance at all nine course sessions (two full days per session, Friday (8:30 am-4:30 pm) and Saturday (8:30 am-1:30 pm), once a month).
Who Should Participate
- Architects and Engineers
- Other Building Industry Professionals
- Tenant and Developer Representatives
- Resource Conservation Specialists
- Project Managers
- Members of Planning & Zoning Boards
Free information sessions:
Please register for XSMCE 1000 C50 & C70
Lower Bucks Campus/ C50/ Fall 2013
Upper Bucks Campus/ C70/ Fall 2013
Newtown Campus/ $2,250/ WSMCE 6000 C01/ Fri (8:30 am-4:30 pm)& Sa (8:30 am-1:30 pm), Fall 2013
For details please contact Maryann Brennan, email@example.com.
The SBA Certification provides you with tools and resources to accomplish the following:
- Identify and articulate key sustainable building practices and goals
- Analyze the costs and benefits of incorporating sustainable building measures
- Establish competencies in applying LEED™, Built Green™ and other relevant criteria or established guidelines
- Work with designers, architects, builders, operators, and utilities managers to achieve sustainable goals in their projects
- Take a leadership position in their organizations and communities in a rapidly growing field.
Upon successful completion of the SBA Program and exam, students will earn the designation of Certified Sustainable Building Advisor, CSBA. In addition, the program has been reviewed and approved by American Institute of Architects (AIA), Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), and the US Green Building Council (USGBC), and meets the eligibility criteria for LEED Green Associate.
David V. Hartke, M.B.A., A.I.A., C.S.B.A.