General ASC Policies and Procedures
- The Center provides tutoring to currently enrolled BCCC students in their course work or for scholarship or application essays.
- The Center provides peer mentoring to currently enrolled and newly accepted students. Mentoring is allowed in-between sessions if the student is returning the following semester or session.
- The Center cannot help with take-home tests or quizzes, the writing of in-class essays, midterms, finals, or extra credit (unless pre-approved by the instructor and the Center). Tutors can work on similar problems, discuss the reading and assignment for in-class essays, and discuss similar concepts to help students prepare for these assignments or tests.
- The Center cannot help with any work that is not assigned course work, such as résumés, cover letters, etc, and does not tutor for placement or standardized tests, such as the LPN, SAT, GRE, etc.
- The Center must adhere to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations. Therefore, information cannot be shared with parents unless authorized paperwork is provided, and students should schedule their own appointments.
- The Center’s Cheating and Plagiarism policy is as follows: The employees and clients of the Tutoring Center are expected to fully understand and follow the Bucks County Community College Policy Regarding Cheating and Plagiarism. If a student refuses to revise his or her work and behaviors, the tutor may refuse to continue the session after stressing the importance of academic honesty. The Center does not report any incidents of plagiarism, unless deemed excessive and approved by the Dean, to instructors or officers of the college due to a student’s right to confidentiality.
- Students must monitor their personal items at all times. Any items left unattended in the Center are not the Center’s responsibility.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the Center. Students and staff should silence phones while in the Center.