Required Course Planning Sessions and New Student Orientation
Now that you've applied to Bucks, please follow these steps to begin your Bucks experience:
Step 1: If you haven't already done so, complete Placement Testing or receive Testing Waivers.
- Students must complete placement testing or have testing waived before they attend their Course Planning Session(s) and/or New Student Orientation.
- Note: If you are transferring to Bucks from another institution, email your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org to determine your eligibility for testing waivers.
Step 2: Aim to attend one of the walk-in advising events listed below.
No appointment is necessary - just come on in during one of these windows:
|Main Campus (Newtown)|
|Thurs., August 16, 2018||9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Linksz Pavilion - 2nd Floor|
|Fri., August 17, 2018||9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Linksz Pavilion - 2nd Floor|
|Mon., August 20, 2018||9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Linksz Pavilion - 2nd Floor|
|Tues., August 21, 2018||1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Linksz Pavilion - 2nd Floor|
|Epstein Campus at Lower Bucks (Bristol)|
|Tues., August 14, 2018||11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk|
|Thurs., August 16, 2018||1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk|
|Fri., August 17, 2018||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk|
|Mon., August 20, 2018||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk|
|Tues., August 21, 2018||1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk
|Upper Bucks Campus (Perkasie)|
|Mon., August 13, 2018||11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk (North Building)|
|Thurs., August 16, 2018||1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk (North Building)|
|Fri., August 17, 2018||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk (North Building)|
|Mon., August 20, 2018||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk (North Building)|
|Tues., August 21, 2018||1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Check in at Front Desk (North Building)|
Though no appointment is necessary for these walk-in events, you may RSVP for a particular day by clicking the link below:
Indicating which event you plan to attend ahead of time may expedite the advising process when you meet with your advisor.
Step 3: Attend Mandatory New Student Orientation.
If you wish to attend Orientation in-person, please ask your advisor to schedule you. If you prefer to complete the Orientation online, please click below and complete the orientation no later than the first day of class.
- High School Enrichment Students: Students that are currently enrolled in high school and are planning to take Bucks courses prior to their high school graduation should not make an advising appointment. Instead, please complete the High School Approval Form. Contact email@example.com or 215-968-8112 with any questions.
- Guest Students: Students who are attending or are currently enrolled at another college or university are Guest Students at Bucks. Guest students should follow this link for more information.
- Studio Arts Majors: If you are planning on pursuing a studio arts major, which includes Applied Photography, Cinema Video Production, Fine Arts, Fine Woodworking, Furniture and Cabinetmaking, Graphic Design, Music, Multimedia & Digital Arts, Photography, or Web and Multimedia Design, please contact Susan Cafiero at 215-968-8088 (or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an advising appointment.
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO MAKE A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Note the location when selecting your appointment and type of session. Advising is offered at all campuses: the main campus at Newtown, the Upper Bucks Campus in Perkasie, and the Epstein Campus at Lower Bucks in Bristol.
If you should desire any disability-related accommodations, please contact the Accessibility office by e-mailing email@example.com or call 215-968-8182.
For general questions, please feel free to contact the Advising & Transfer Center by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 215-968-8031.
Bucks County Community College does not discriminate in its educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, ancestry, veteran status, union membership, or any other legally protected category.