- Professor, Information Literacy Librarian, Library
- Professor, Arts, Communication
- Academic Credentials: BM, Temple University; MM, Temple University; MLS, Rutgers University
- Office: Library 126
Phone: (215) 968-8373 Ext: 8373
- Home Page: http://margaretmindmapping.blogspot.com
- Additional Contacts:
Twitter: margaretmontet or margaretmndmpng
- COLL101: College Orientation Seminar (General)
- COMM110: Effective Speaking
Margaret Montet is the Information Literacy Librarian at Bucks County Community College. She has presented papers, workshops, and poster sessions on campus and at many domestic and international conferences. She attended the ACRL Information Literacy Immersion Program (Program Track) in Winnipeg in August 2007 where she learned to grow Bucks's busy schedule of one-shot information literacy sessions into an effective program complete with professional development. Wearing this IL hat, she has served as the IL Liaison for Gen Ed (formerly Core) for a decade. At BCCC, she is the local Mind Mapping maven, and frequently presents this technique to classes and other groups. Margaret also teaches Effective Speaking (COMM110) and the College Success Seminar (COLL101).
Margaret is also a travel writer pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing (Creative Nonfiction) at Cedar Crest College. After completing her thesis, a collection of linked travel essays entitled Nerd Traveler, she anticipates graduation in July 2017...in Barcelona.
Return to department list