In addition to teaching the classes listed in my profile, I have performed the following tasks within my department/area:
• Completed the Distance Learning Institute and have designed course space and implemented the use of WebCT and Blackboard CE6/Vista, and Canvas in all of my courses
• Served as a E-leaning mentor for other faculty at the college
• Coordinate and manage the Cooperative Education –Accounting program for the Business Studies department
• Served as a member on the Faculty Center Advisory Board helping to coordinate professional development programs for the faculty and address faculty concerns at the college for 3 years.
• Coordinate and respond to complex student inquiries, handle student educational planning and orientation, and train other full-time faculty to advise students in my role as an Advising Specialist
• Developed curriculum for experimental Introduction to Finance course (MGMT 190) and have taught it in both in-class and online settings
• Have performed administrative functions for the Accounting Department as the area coordinator such as updating course curriculum and syllabi, reviewing text materials and related technology each year to evaluate compliance with college curriculum and changes in the accounting field, preparing program of study audits, completing assessment for accounting courses and programs relating student comprehension/success with established goals and objectives, and preparing department scheduling of courses each term.
Have also taught classes in accounting and finance at the following colleges and universities: Devry University, Delaware Valley College, Eastern University, Rider University, University of Phoenix, and Washington Internationl University.
Practical accounting work experience prior to teaching was as follows:
Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, PA
July 1986 – June 1995
Senior Accountant/Medicare Reimbursement Specialist
• Performed desk reviews, problem resolution and settlements for audit and no-audit determinations, and set and monitored rate payments, for home health agencies, nursing homes, and home offices
• Handled new provider consulting, correspondence and training sessions for financial reporting requirements for Medicare
• Provided training to staff for Medicare accounting and auditing policies and procedures
• Prepared Intermediary appeal papers to be presented before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board.
• Supervised staff and junior accountants and reviewed their work for accuracy and proper application of auditing concepts and Medicare regulations.
• Assumed full charge of field audits and delegation of field work assignments. Performed several Medicare fraud audits in conjunction with Federal authorities.
In addition to performing functions as faculty at Bucks County Community College, I have also completed reviews and projects for the following publishers and texts:
• Pearson/Prentice Hall – Performed book reviews for College Accounting Text and Foundations of Finance book. Performed accuracy review and AACBSP tagging for Auditing text.
• Wiley – Completed accuracy review for several chapters of the Principles of Accounting Study Guide and Practice Test Questions for current edition. Prepared advanced test questions and performed test question update/revisions for online testing for the Principles of Accounting text (multiple editions.)
• Cengage (Thomson/Southwestern) – Member of the Blue Sky Workshop which completed written reviews for the Principles of Accounting Text (22nd edition) and met with authors of this text in a focus-group setting to discuss strengths and weaknesses of this text. Also, wrote all of the Turning Point Technology to accompany this text, as well as the Financial/Managerial text by the same authors.
• McGraw Hill Irwin – Completed book review for Spiceland Intermediate Accounting text and performed accuracy review of online homework manager for this text. Also completed text review for Principles of Accounting text.